So we took the kids to Yellowstone over the Fourth of July weekend. It was awesome, and beautiful, and…great! The kids weren’t always big fans of the driving, but the animals, waterfalls, geysers, springs, mud pots, sulfur smell (and yes, the boys did make “boy” comments about the smell ), and being stuck behind a herd of buffalo blocking the road for an hour more than made up for it. If you’ve never been, I totally recommend it. It truly is one of the most beautiful places in the country. Here are a few of our pictures. The first is a picture of Great Fountain Geyser erupting, and which we were really lucky to see since it only erupts ever 12-13 hours. The second and fifth are some of the hot pools. The third, is of course a bison (a.k.a. buffalo). The fourth is a picture of the Lower Falls in the Grand Canyon of Yellowstone. And the last is a picture of the Grand Tetons, which we drove through on the way home. They are truly spectacular, and this is coming from a girl who’s been surrounded by mountains her entire life and lives in a mountain valley. Truly spectacular.
Category Archives: vacation
I’ve had a couple of writer/blogger friends who have done this and I got tagged…so here goes.
1. I have a wonderful husband who I’ve known for 16 years and been married to for 13. We have four beautiful children, two boys, and two girls.
2. I majored in History with a minor in English. Then I went to law school. I actually passed the bar!!! But, my oldest daughter was born premature during my third year and I wanted to stay at home with her, so after the bar exam I have never worked (at least in the legal field:)).
3. During college I was on the Brigham Young University Ballroom Dance Team. This was one of the funnest things I’ve ever done. I got to tour the Western United States, England, Finland, Russia, Lativia, Lithuania, and Estonia. Becasue I’m so short (5’1″) I was on the Latin team. Our greatest accomplishment was winning the British Formation Championships in Blackpool, England in 1998.
4. During college I also spent a summer in Israel and Egypt. Talk about amazing!
5. Other things I love to do: play the piano, read (obviously), sing, watch movies, and eat chocolate.
6. Until a few years ago, my kids had 13 grandparents that were still living. (The reason it’s not twelve is because my maternal grandparents got divorced when I was one and my grandfather remarried an amazing woman who I get as a bonus grandma!!).
7. I’m the oldest of six kids. My husband is the middle child of seven. We have huge families and it’s a lot of fun.
8. I totally drive a mini van.
9. I love Disney. I have been to Disneyland too many times to count. And even though I live in the west, I’ve been to Disneyworld ten times. We just got back from a trip to Disneyland in October with the kids. It was so fun.
10. It’s always been my dream to write a book. Hopefully it’s about to come true.
Yesterday I finished editing chapter 2. There are still a few sentences I’m not completely happy with, but I can live with that until I get some brain wave telling me how they could be better.
I’ve had a great response from people who’ve read chapter 1 and the prologue, which makes me feel that maybe this is actually going to work. Thanks to everyone who’s left a comment.
Finally, I’m going out of town for the next week. We’re going to Lake Powell, and we’re so excited – and ready. One whole week of water, wave runners, houseboat, and lifejackets. I’m hoping to get through at least one chapter while I’m there, but you know how vacation goes.